Mesti anda semua masih segar dan semangat memasuki tahun baru 2012 ini. Saya sendiri pun berseamgat sebab banyak perkara yang menanti saya tahun ini. Begitu juga anda semua, jika anda yang berminat untuk menjalankan penyelidikan di makmal COMeT ini maka kami ada sesuatu yang menarik. Jangan terburu-buru segala yang hebat akan menunggu anda, so Selamat Bekerja.
Thursday, 19 January 2012
Thursday, 29 September 2011
UNIT PERUBATAN KOMPARATIF DAN TEKNOLOGI (COMeT)
|Dr. Fuzina Nor Hussein||Penyelaras Unitfirstname.lastname@example.org|| |
|Dr. Mohd. Hafidz Mohd. Izhar||Pegawai Veterinaremail@example.com|| |
En. Mohamad Ismail Baharom (LIVES)
|Cik Rabiatul Adawiyah Abdul Yasib||Pen. Pegawai Veterinarfirstname.lastname@example.org||4194|
En. Mohd Daud Abdul Hamid
En. Muhamad Daud Mohd. Yusof
Pembantu Tadbir (P/O)
En. Rosman Puasa
En. Azhar Baharom
Thursday, 21 July 2011
· To be regional centre of excellence for laboratory animal production and research.
· To produce high quality laboratory rodents.
· To undertake high-impact contract research.
· To provide excellent research environment and veterinary services to support in vivo research.
· To undertake competency training in rodent use and care in research.
Service and Facilities Unit
· Positive pressure animal and research rooms to reduce pathogen from contaminate the rooms.
· Individual access system on every animal and research rooms.
· Three breeding rooms for production of SPF mice and rats.
· All SPF laboratory rodents are placed in Individual Ventilated Cages (IVC) to prevent adventitious microbial agents.
· There are two spacious research rooms. These two rooms use HEPA filtration system, with controlled temperature between 21 to 23°c, and relative humidity in a range of 50 to 60%.
· Two autoclave machine available in this facility for decontamination and sterilization of equipment, animal feed, bedding, and cages.
· Two dressing rooms and bathrooms for men and women equipped with toilets, and lockers adequate for researchers.
· Using two corridor concept, clean and dirty corridor. Unidirectional flow inside the facility. Researchers will enter the facility through clean corridor and exit via dirty corridor.
· Two research rooms for housing SPF animals used for research.
· To breed and produce SPF laboratory animal especially mice and rats in a large scale as to meet the market needs.
· To sell SPF laboratory animal to researchers from UPM and others.
· To sell SPF laboratory animal to researchers that conduct their study in this facility.
· To provide space and the state of art facilities to researchers from within and outside UPM to conduct research work at the facility.
· To conduct training and courses to postgraduate students and researchers from inside and outside UPM on laboratory animal use and research.
· To provide advice and veterinary consultancy on the laboratory animals use and research.
· 24 hours Veterinary Services to look after on management, health, husbandry and care of SPF laboratory animal.
Wednesday, 20 July 2011
Objectives of our CoMET
- · To become one-stop centre for reference and consultation in laboratory animal research field as an effort to maintain UPM as research university.
- · To make large scale production and breeding of SPF laboratory rodents with certified health certificate as to meet research needs for UPM and the nation.
- · Planning to market SPF animals abroad, especially in Asia region.
- · To provide conducive research facility of international standard to attract researchers from the UPM, private and international companies.
- · To seek for AAALAC Accreditation (Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International) and GLP Accreditation (Good Laboratory Practice) to gain international recognition.
- · To be the center of excellence for laboratory animal research in biotechnology, medicine and veterinary medicine field.